It’s that time of the year again when we launch our much anticipated Summer Block of the Week (SBOW). This year just like last year we will have 3 different projects that you can sign up for and participate in. You will have a choice of a Wool Applique Quilt (which is not named yet), a Pieced Quilt called Starlit Skies and a Hand Pieced Quilt called Hexi Haven to choose from. I know you all are ready to get into the good stuff, so I will not delay.
PLEASE read carefully. All of your questions should be answered by the time you are done reading this. If we have forgotten anything please let us know so that we are able to correct it, because if you have questions its likely others will as well. I know it is a lot of information to take in, but it should hopefully answer all your questions.
The Summer Block of the Week (SBOW) will be a 12-week program; first shipment will go out the week of June 5.
As we have done in previous years we will have a Facebook Group set up for those of you who join any of the 3 SBOW programs. This year we will have 3 separate Facebook Groups, one for each of the SBOWs. Please make sure that you are Friends with Jessica Holz on Facebook, and then PM her to tell her which group you are in, she will then put you into the group. You will need to be Friends with her on Facebook since this is a CLOSED Group and only those in the SBOW programs can join in. This is a great way to learn new techniques and to share with one another! Some of you are already friends with me, for those of you who are not please look for this profile picture for who to friend request.
NEW: Since last years SBOW, we have launched a new payment system so there are a few things that have changed. We therefore have to change our payment options.
- If you Pay in Full your SBOW will be charged at the time you place your order. As our THANK YOU for Paying in Full and making it easier for us to process your order, there is a discount already applied to the total price of ONE FREE WEEK (includes shipping and block). Your SBOW will be charged at time of placing your order.
- Our new system is unable to process your Credit Card weekly; therefore there will be a Pay Monthly This means that on the 3rd of every month for 3 months you will be charged a set amount, determined by which SBOW you sign up for. If you Pay Monthly your SBOW will be charged June 3, July 3, August 3. As our THANK YOU for Paying Monthly, we have discounted the price of the SBOW and given you ½ of a week’s payment for FREE.
- When you choose the Pay Weekly, you will see that it will come up as $0.00, we will be following up with you on the Pay Weekly option by Phone to get you set up in the Weekly Payment System. If you choose this option, there will be no discount given, as we will need to charge you each week.
- If you are in the State of Wisconsin, State Tax is NOT shown in the prices in this email, when you place your order the tax will show on your Invoice.
- When ordering Supply Kits, Backing Fabric, and Additional Items for any of these SBOW Programs, they will automatically be charged at the time you place your order. These will all ship with your first SBOW block.
- If you are doing more than ONE SBOW with us this year, there will be no adjustment for shipping as we have done in the past. The reason for this is that we are only charging $3.00 for shipping each block this year verses the $4.00 we charged in shipping last year. Last year when you did more than one SBOW we adjusted the price to $3.00 per block.
EVERYONE who participates in the SBOW will receive a FREEBIE kit and pattern each week in their SBOW, as long as your credit card is valid. If you are Paying in Full, you will not have to worry about your credit card on a monthly basis. Please remember only ONE Freebie per person, per week.
If you are purchasing one of the SBOWs and you are International, including Canada; we will be contacting you via email about our Shipping Practices for International customers. If you have done the SBOW with us in the past we are using the same practice. Please know that you will NOT be charged more than you see on this email. IMPORTANT: If you are International/Canadian you will not be able to pay weekly.
LETS GET STARTED WITH THE FUN STUFF!
Are you ready to learn all about the 3 SBOW Programs that we are offering this Summer?? I know I am excited to present this to you! This is by far one of our most exciting times of the year for us here at the Shop; all the hustle and bustle is amazing to see! I am still always amazed at how much we can get out of the Shipping area in one week, let alone in one day!
Lets start by telling you all about the Wool Applique Quilt. This quilt will be comprised of 12 blocks that will finish at 10”x12”, we do not have a finished size on the quilt yet because Lisa is unsure as to how she is going to finish it! This years SBOW will be more of a Mystery Quilt than it has been in the last few years. Lisa will not be releasing Finishing Kit information until about half way thru the program. If you do not want to make a quilt out of all of these blocks, each of the individual blocks will also make an amazing little quilt to give to Friends and Family as gifts.
When ordering the Wool Applique SBOW, please take in to consideration how you would like to pay.
- Paying Weekly: Each week will be $12 for the block and $3.00 for shipping for a total of $15/week for 12 weeks, the total program will cost $180.
- Paying Monthly: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will receive a discount of $7.50, and the total program cost will be $172.50. That will be spread out between 3 months, so your monthly fee will be $57.50/month. This will be first charged on June 3.
- Paying In Full: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will be receiving a discount of $15, to make your total cost for the program $165. This will be charged when you place your order.
We have put together a little Supply Kit that has all the “fixings”. This year the Supply Kit will be $27.50, shipping is included, and you will save $7.50 by ordering the kit as a 25% discount has already been applied to the Supply Kit price. If you choose to order everything individually, there will be no discount applied. The Supply Kit includes:
- Project Case: To keep all your blocks together
- Steam a Seam 2 Lite: 2 Packages for all your wool appliques
- Needle Threader: Because who doesn’t need a little help every now and then to help thread that needle?
- Set of 6-#24 & 6-#22 Chenille Needles: You can never have too many needles
- 1” Triangle Paper: Specifically designed to how we cut our fabric for this project. This is provided to you FREE in the Supply Kit. If you would like to purchase the Triangle Paper separately, you will need to purchase our 1”Triangle Paper for $7.00
We will be offering a Thread Kit including a case for $150.00. This Thread Kit should retail at $180.00 plus shipping but if you are doing the SBOW with us we are giving you a $30.00 discount and covering the cost of the shipping! If you would prefer not to have a project case for your threads, the Thread kit will cost $145.00. If you are ordering a COMPLETE thread kit, please in the Comment Section place wither you are in paid in full, paid weekly, or paid monthly so that we can match up your threads with your SBOW. If you would prefer to pick and choose which threads you would like to order, here is a list of the threads that are included in the kit. Please note that if you are picking and choosing which threads to order, your threads will ship separately from your SBOW, and will incur a shipping charge. Thank you for understanding.
Valdani #12 Threads: 813, 0511, 188, 0217, P5, P2, 0548 OR 200, M43, 0503, 0510, H202, 0562, 0507, 0523, M18, 0575 OR 823, 843, M81, 190, 086, P1, H210, 0560, H201, M19, 893, V3, 078, 0775 OR 775, 031, 0578, P12 OR 1645.
We will offer the Finishing Kit and Backing Fabric approximately half way thru the SBOW. Please remember that this is an optional purchase, you will NEED to purchase it when the time comes if you would like to finish your quilt the same way that Lisa does.
Are these blocks beautiful or what? Scrappiness at its best in these blocks! Each week for 12 weeks you will be making 4- 9 ½” finished Blocks for a total of 48 blocks. You will be receiving a total of 80 fabrics each week to create your scrappy blocks.
When ordering the Starlit Skies SBOW, please take in to consideration how you would like to pay.
- Paying Weekly: Each week will be $16 for the block and $3.00 for shipping for a total of $19/week for 12 weeks, the total program will cost $ 228.00.
- Paying Monthly: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will receive a discount of $9.50, and the total program cost will be $218.50. That will be spread out between 3 months, so your monthly fee will be $72.83/month. This will be first charged on June 3.
- Paying In Full: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will be receiving a discount of $19, to make your total cost for the program $209. This will be charged when you place your order.
Our Supply Kit for Starlit Skies is short and sweet, there is not a lot to it, however they are items we feel would help you on your sewing journey in Starlit Skies. This year the Supply Kit will be $36.00, shipping is included, and you save $10.24 by ordering the kit. There is a 25% discount already applied to the Supply Kit price. Our Supply Kit will include:
- Project Case: Keep all your blocks together in one area
- Aurifil 50wt thread: #2326: Perfect blend for piecing
- 6”x6” Itty Bitty Ruler: To help you cut and trim your blocks and stars easily.
Half way through the program you will be able to sign up for a Finishing Kit and Backing. We are going to have 2 different option for Finishing this quilt up, Lisa just has not finalized how she wants to completely finish each one.
For those of you who enjoy doing Paper Piecing we have Hexi Haven for you this year. During the course of this SBOW, you will receive all the fabric that you need to make the top of the quilt. Binding will be provided in week 12’s kit, there will be NO finishing kit needed. Each week you will make a total of 9 complete blocks. You will have left overs to use in the following weeks in order to start to get the scrappiness that you see in our picture. When you are done with the program you will have enough fabrics to have done 88 of the full blocks and 29 half blocks for the sides of the quilt. A total of 120 different fabrics will be sent to you by the end of week 12.
Please remember that if you are taking on this project, you are going to need a general knowledge of Paper Piecing. While we are going to give you directions into the construction of the Hexi’s and how to create this quilt, it will not be an in depth instruction pamphlet. Please take a peek at YouTube or Pinterest for videos and tutorials on Paper Piecing.
When ordering Hexi Haven, please take in to consideration how you would like to pay.
- Paying Weekly: Each week will be $18 for the blocks and $3.00 for shipping for a total of $21/week for 12 weeks, the total program will cost $252.
- Paying Monthly: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will receive a discount of $10.50, and the total program cost will be $241.50. That will be spread out between 3 months, so your monthly fee will be $80.50/month. This will be first charged on June 3.
- Paying In Full: Your pricing is the same as the Weekly HOWEVER, you will be receiving a discount of $21, to make your total cost for the program $231. This will be charged when you place your order.
This year the Supply Kit will be $75, shipping is included and you save $20.00 by ordering the kit. There is a 25% discount already applied to the Supply Kit. By ordering the Supply kit you are virtually receiving the Project Case, Cutting Mat, and Needles for FREE!! Our Supply Kit will include:
- Project Case: Keep all those Hexi’s in one spot
- 5 ½”x 7 ½” Cutting Mat: Small and compact to keep next to you while traveling or sitting in your living room
- Promo Ruler 2 ½” x 6 ½”: You need a small ruler to go along with that small cutting mat
- Bohin Needles #11: You can never have too many needles
- Papers: You will receive enough papers to cover the ENTIRE quilt, you will not have to reuse. (If you are not ordering the Supply kit, these papers will be available to order separately FOR $70.00)
Depending on how you prefer to construct your blocks, we have two additional items that you should consider.
- Used for both basting your Hexi’s and also for piecing your Hexi’s together in a block form, we have a small spool 8-piece 50 wt. Aurifil Thread kit for you. The Aurifil Thread kit should retail for $40.00, however we are giving you a discount, which is equivalent to 2-FREE spools. For $30.00 the Aurifil Thread kit will include: 1140, 2784, 1103, 2905, 1243, 1246, 2370 x 2.
- Sewline Glue Pen Kit: Includes 1-Sewline Glue Pen, 5-2 pack refill cartridges. Shipping is included in price for $25.00; this price is like getting 2-refil packs for FREE.
Since we do know that the size of your Hexi Haven Quilt is going to measure 54” x 67 ¾” when complete, we do know that you are going to need 4 yards of Backing fabric. You have the option of purchasing that when you sign up, you are receiving a 25% discount on the fabric and it will be $40, shipping is included in that price.
A little something different this year is our Freebie Supply Kit. Why we haven’t ever thought of it before I do not know! But you all receive the Freebie each week, so we thought we would provide you with the option of a Supply Kit. Our Supply Kit for the Freebie with shipping included is $28.00. The Supply Kit would include:
- Project Case: Cause you need to store your Freebies somewhere
- Steam a Seam 2 Lite: 1 pack needed to fuse your wool
- 6-#24 Chenille Needles: Never enough needles around when you need them.
- Instant Antique: Lets have some fun with these backgrounds!
Finishing Kits and Backing Fabric will be offered at a later date when we get toward the end of the program, so please watch for that on our Facebook and Shop Blog.
We hope you have found at least ONE Summer Block of the Week that you are interested in doing with us this Summer. We love hosting these projects for you! Have a beautiful Summer!